Walker IslandWalker Island was also purchased by the city of Orange Beach in 2013 in an effort to preserve the natural flora and fauna of the island, which has become a popular draw for boaters. Grass beds surround the island and house a large number of marine species including shrimp, crabs, and all sorts of fish popular to the local commercial and recreational fishing industry. Walker Island is accessible to the public by paddleboard, kayak, or boat. While Walker Island is visually stunning and home to a large variety of sea birds and other animal life, it is much smaller than its island neighbors.
- Rules to remember:
- No glass of any kind
- Please bring trash bags and remove when you go
- No dogs or pets are allowed on the islands or in the surrounding waters
- Do not pick the Sea Oats - they are essential to the ecosystem of the islands
- Be considerate of others - keep the sound down on stereos
- 'No Motor Zones' are posted on the east side of the islands. This is to protect important grass beds