“What about the weather?”

This is a common question that we get at Reel Surprise Charters. Orange Beach, Alabama is one of the rainiest places in the south. In the summer months, the average rain fall is about ¼” per day, which equates to 5” in June and 7” in July. Rain is a daily occurrence in along our Gulf Coast. Fishing does not depend on the rain forecast. All of our charter boats have inside shelter and radars to help to navigate around thunderstorms. Most of the rain squalls in our area do not last over 30 minutes. When booking a fishing trip, a 30% chance of rain should not even be considered. There is a 70% chance that you will not see any rain at all. So, there is no reason to stay indoors; go ahead and book that fishing trip! Call us today!